What our customers say about us
My EBF baby loves this formula!
Honestly this has been such a smooth transition for my exclusively breast fed baby. I’m so impressed how easy it has been. She loves the formula so far and the customer service has been exceptional. Thank you!
I have been exclusively pumping...
I have been exclusively pumping for our twins boys but have gotten to the point where they need more than I cam produce. I wanted to make sure that what I supplement them with was the best and had some serious concerns about formula made in UK. Hipp has agreed with both our boys tummies as much as mama's milk does. Only the best for our boys!
This formula is amazing. I had my 6 month old on Allumentum and Nutramigen and he did not do well on and still would throw up and spit-up. When I switched to HiPP German Stage 2 Hypoallergenic Milk Formula (600 gr.) it was a game-changer. After one day he is such a different and happy baby. No more spitting up and has clear skin.
Fast shipping and great quality.
The formula came extremely fast and packaged so well! I just started my son on formula after seeing a breast milk supply drop and a bit of a nursing strike at three months, so I did a lot of research c about what type of formula I wanted to use. I was so thrilled to see so many options of organic and high quality brands easily accessible, it put my mind at ease that I’d be able to provide for him.
Why choose Formuland formula?
A good baby formula should meet the nutritional needs of infants and support their growth and development. Here are some key factors that contribute to the quality of a baby formula:
Nutritional Value: A good formula should contain the right balance of protein, fat, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals that infants need for optimal growth and development. The formula should also be fortified with essential nutrients, such as iron and calcium, to support the baby's overall health.
Digestibility: A good formula should be easily digestible and not cause discomfort or upset stomach. This can be affected by the type and balance of ingredients, as well as the manufacturing process.
Safety: The ingredients and manufacturing process used to make the formula should meet safety standards and be free from contaminants that could harm the baby.
Suitability for Different Life Stages: Infants have different nutritional needs as they grow, so a good formula should be available in different stages to meet their changing needs.
Availability and Affordability: A good formula should be widely available and affordable for families, as some formulas can be expensive and not covered by insurance.
It's important to keep in mind that what works best for one baby may not be the best choice for another. If you have any concerns or questions about the formula you're using, it's always best to consult with your pediatrician.
1. Better Ingredients
- Most European formula’s main protein source is lactose (composed of whey and casein).
- Since cow’s lactose has less whey than breastmilk, whey is added to make the formula closer to breastmilk.
- Typically lactose is the only carbohydrate necessaryMany European formulas stick with this rule!
- If other carbohydrates are necessary, the BAD carbohydrates such as corn syrup solids, glucose syrup solids, sucrose, sugar, brown rice syrup are avoided
- Typically the vegetable oils (palm oil, coconut oil, sunflower oil)
- Many American formulas have hidden soy in this list of their ingredients - making it seem like “soy oil” is nothing to be concerned about.
Demeter quality sets European formula apart. This is organic++ which means the farms are fully organic and the environment is being well taken care of. Watch this short video for more:
- Biodynamic = Organic farming using self-sustaining farming methods throughout the entire farming system.
- NO GMO’s
- Composting & Water Conservation are used
- 10% of farm is dedicated to biodiversity
- Demeter started in 1928 in Europe and is MOST recognized brands in Europe
- Growing healthiest, most sustainable farm possible to grow the most nutritious food!
Unlike the formulas on the shelf in America, there are options of European formula that have ZERO additional soy added to their formula! Some options include Holle formulas, Lebenswert formulas, Loulouka formulas, HiPP Germany Stage One, and HiPP Dutch Stage 2 to name a few!
Why does this matter? Read our article all about the dangerous effects of soy on children.
Synthetic nutrients include lutein, lycopene, taurine, L-carnitine, and L-methionine. Many of these substances are toxic themselves or processed with toxic solvents.
These are banned in Europe, but are still commonly found in many American formulas.
- Supplements or enhanced foods that contain living microorganisms.
- “Friendly” bacteria can change the bacteria balance in the body.
- Example: HiPP formula contains Lactobacillus fermentum hereditum
- Supplements or foods that contain an ingredient that can’t be digested normally
- Stimulate the growth of friendly bacteria, acting as food for the bacteria.
- Examples: Compounds like oligosaccharides that are found in human breast milk or infant formula
Why are they good?
- A summary report in the journal Pediatrics in 2010 found that randomized clinical trials show probiotics are somewhat effective in supporting gastrointestinal wellness in healthy children.
- Probiotics may help ease gastrointestinal issues and colic. For example, an Italian study reported in JAMA Pediatrics in 2014 that babies fed a probiotic supplement from birth emptied their bowels more, had less spit-up, and had less colicky crying at 3 months than those on a placebo.
- Prebiotics may help support skin health in otherwise healthy babies, according to the Pediatrics report.